Here’s another annoying survey. This is a cute one about Chritmas, though, that I got off of Escaping the City.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I do like some nog now and then.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa doesn’t wrap his gifts.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like the look of white lights, but prefer the look of multi-coloured. They’re just more festive.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? yes…when I remember
5. When do you put your decorations up? The first week of December
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My mom’s stuffing…yum yum
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Christmas in general is a great memory. There was always lots of family about – playing cards and other games, going sledding…everything!
8. How did you learn the truth about Santa? Mom had wrapped some presents early and put them under the tree – I went snooping, of course, and saw that some were from Santa…2 weeks before Christmas…I mean, come on Mom!!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes. I always did as a kid. Although, m0m held out till the last minute saying “Weeee’ll seeee”. My kids open pyjamas.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I love a tree that has lots to look at. Funky decorations, homemade ones, ones with a story. I like the ribbon streamers over the traditional garland ones.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? love it…for awhile. I pretty much sick of it by the middle of Jan.
12. Can you ice skate? I used to, but I haven’t in years. Keep meaning to get on that.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? a big barbie bus and a pac man phone
14. What’s the most exciting thing about Christmas for you? Just the whole season. I feel like the words in the song from Silver Bells. “City Sidewalks, Busy Sidewalks, dressed in holiday style, in the air there’s a feeling of Christamas…” I love it when the street decorations come out. I’m one of those that lovvvves Christmas music.
15. What is your favorite Holiday dessert? I can’t think of one, actually.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? watching the Christmas Carol laaate at night with Adrian on Christmas Eve.
17. What tops your tree? a star
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? both – I do love to give that gift that makes the person’s eyes light up.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Silver Bells, Christmas of Love, Santa Baby, Rudolf, Rockin Around the Christmas Tree…and so on and so on…
20. Candy Canes? I don’t like them, but my kids do. When we were in Egland last they had chocolate ball things that hung on the tree. Someone said you could get them here, but I haven’t seen them.