It’s been so long that I don’t know how to get back into the swing of writing on here anymore. I’m afraid to see this big blank square staring at me just daring me to write. I can hear it goading me…”Na na naaaa – look at me – I’m big and white. There’s so much room to write and you don’t even know where to start. Look at you! Afraid a big white square…BOO!” And then I turn away from the screen wimpering quietly to myself.
Eh hem. I may have carried that on a little too far. I mean it is just a white square, right? Nothing to be afraid of. (it’s just a white square – it’s just a white square)
Seriously now, it’s not really fear. It’s more like indifference. Perhaps, it’s just because it’s summer.
So, to begin and end with I’ll record for prosperity my goings-on so far this season. Not that there’s been soo much. By design, thankfully, I don’t lead a hectic life, but here’s a synopsis none the less:
- Put in a garden.
- Neglected my garden.
- Filled my pool.
- Drained the pool (it was lopsided and leaking)
- Filled the pool again.
- Hosted picnics.
- Mowed the lawn.
- Drank some Ice Caps.
- Went to barbecues.
- Sat around the fire.
- Sat around the pool.
- Sat IN the pool.
- Got a new lawn mower.
- Had fun mowing the lawn.
- Continued to neglect my garden.
- Participated in a log cutting working bee on the hottest day of the summer. I mean we couldn’t have picked a hotter day!
- Cooled off in the pool.
- Drank more Ice Caps (did you know they go down from 11g of fat to – I think – 2g of fat if you request them to be made with milk instead of cream?).
- Went to the splash park.
- Began reading several books but haven’t settled on any.
- Went on our 4th annual moms and kids camping trip.
- Had a very small tantrum while setting up my ginormous tent.
- Had a drink.
- Finished setting up my tent with the help of Jennifer. (thanks, Jen!)
- More sitting around the fire.
- Freezed my butt off (I wish) splashing in the waves of the huge lake.
- Drank a little.
- Eh hem. Drank a lot.
- Ate potatoe chips – Weight Watchers and I were on a short break.
- Came home.
- Mowed the lawn again – still had fun, though.
- Enjoyed a rainy day at home kinda cleaning my house.
So, that’s it. You’re pretty much caught up. There may be a couple of things in there I’ve forgotten by you’ve got the jist.
I’ll try to write more…and read more. If I feel like it, that is. 🙂
Some photos for your viewing pleasure…
The lake we visited.
The camp ground we went to had an amphitheatre and our kids decided to put on a show for us.
Jen to the rescue!! ‘Cause I really was about to rip that $%*#ing tent apart!!!!
But there it is. Big and pretty.
Three of us hanging on the beach watching the kids.
Whooo hoooo – that’s cold!
There were some lovely trails.
Fun fun fun.